A Desire for Locally Grown Produce
The Bath Farmers Market was created out of response from members of the community after several public conversations were held by the Township centered around highlighting local farmers and the community’s desire for locally grown produce. The Bath Farmers Market was started in 2010 and our mission statement and guiding principles are as follows:
The Bath Farmers Market promotes healthy lifestyles, encourages entrepreneurship, supports our local economy, and provides opportunities to celebrate and market the talent, knowledge, and skills of farmers and artisans.
- Provide the opportunity to connect local farmers with consumers
- Strengthen our community through education and skill sharing
- Promote and grow our local economy
- Increase access to a variety of healthy food choices
- Provide a gathering place to build a stronger sense of community